Am I a Candidate?
Am I A Candidate?
In general, for a person to be a candidate for weight loss surgery at our New York City obesity surgery center, all of the following must be met:
- A BMI of 40 or more: With high-risk co-morbid conditions, a BMI of 35 may qualify.
- Because surgery is a very serious undertaking, generally, candidates must have tried non-surgical treatments such as dietary programs, behavioral modification, and exercise.
- There must be no medical or hormonal reason for the clinically severe obesity. These conditions are rare, but require treatment of the underlying medical problem.
- The candidate must be fully informed about the surgery and what can be expected both as to weight loss and possible complications.
- The candidate must demonstrate a willingness to accept the risks of surgery and to make dramatic lifelong changes in his/her lifestyle, dietary habits, exercise, and to commit to medical follow-up.
Learn more about qualifying for weight loss surgery by attending one of our obesity surgery seminars in New York City
. Call today to get started!