Free Weight Loss Seminar
There are many things to consider when deciding whether weight loss surgery is right for you. The procedure and follow-up commitment requires life-change. At Manhattan Minimally Invasive & Bariatric Surgery Program, our free weight loss seminars can help make the decision for weight loss surgery easier.
Each of our free educational seminars is presented by one of our highly experienced bariatric surgeons. Our surgeons provide a comprehensive introduction to bariatric surgery. By the end of the seminar, our goal is for you to better understand the requirements for bariatric surgery, realistic weight loss expectations for each surgery, and what you can expect after undergoing bariatric surgery.
Our seminars are presented on a regular basis to accommodate patients with a variety of schedules.
When it comes to making major decisions for your health and your body, knowledge is empowering. Our weight loss seminars will provide you with enough knowledge to make educated decisions regarding weight loss surgery.
The following are topics covered in our weight loss seminar:
- Background Information About Obesity – We will provide detailed statistics about obesity in our country, as well as medically precise information about obesity and the various consequences that arise from being obese.
- Causes of Obesity – Our seminar will cover information on what causes obesity, including possible underlying medical conditions and hormone disorders.
- Co-morbidities – We will inform you on typical co-morbid conditions related to obesity,
- Criteria for Being a Candidate for Surgery – We will explain the requirements to qualify for weight loss surgery and factors that may disqualify a potential candidate.
- Surgical Treatment Options – You will learn about all the available bariatric surgical options to get a better sense of which is best for your situation.
- Expected Benefits – We will explain to you the expected benefits of each of the available surgical options.
- Possible Complications and Risks – To ensure that you are making an informed decision, we will explain the potential risks and complications associated with bariatric surgery.
- Steps to Surgery and Life-Long Commitment – We also want to make sure you are informed on the commitment required both before and after weight loss surgery.
- Summary Followed by a Question and Answer Session – Just to ensure you haven’t missed any pertinent information, we will summarize the seminar and then answer any questions you may have.
Attending a Seminar
If you are interested in attending a free weight loss seminar, register by choosing a date from the schedule above. You can find directions here. If you’d like more information, feel free to call us at 212-434-3285.